Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fresh meat coming through. o.O

How does one sum up a whole day of events in a blog that so far has only dealt with summer boredom and occasional outings? My last post was long - this one will be longer than Longcat. Or maybe not. xD

I shall start at the beginning, although I will not attempt to describe the minor details as not even an internet meme can describe the amount of time I will waste. After stressing for about half an hour last night, I feel into a state of, uh, calmness, although I could not fall asleep for another hour and a half. When I woke up, I cursed myself for causing sleep deprivation, drank some grapefruit juice, stuffed my iPod, wallet and keys in my backpack, added a few lipglosses and a random stray mascara I stumbled upon on top, stressed slightly and ate a sandwich. Then I went to school.

I found my locker, and found out that while I am not sharing it officially, Yuedi forgot her combo and stuffed her shit in mine. A few periods later, Mich came along doing the same thing because her locker was slightly further than mine. Anyway, after wondering around the school for a few minutes, I figured the following points of interest:
  • Simon grew both ways. =) <- LOOKING GOOD SIMON!
  • Jake shrank.
  • I confused Dennis with James.
  • The school is fucking huge.
  • Derek remained the same height and width. I think. But during lunch, I heard...actually, I will leave this part out for Derek's sake.
  • Almost no one brought their parents.
  • Despite the propaganda the principal gave us, same schools kind of stuck together.
After that, we had the 1st assembly. Although it was slightly less bullshit than the second, it featured a "welcome-to-the-new-school-year" speech that everyone has heard and re-heard. I entertained myself by looking at the screwdriver Yuedi sneaked in her pencilcase, asking Simon if he lieks mudkipz, and generally bothering people around me.

By the way, Simon lieks mudkipz.

Yeah. That was useless. =D After the assembly, we went to the math class. I think. I am not exactly sure, since while everything was very amusing, there were too much random events for me to keep track of in a synchronized manner. Math seating was divided in half - Crosby and not Crosby. That was quite lulz. Sitting beside Derek was just like Sutherlandia - I watched him make the first doodle in his new agenda. Our math teacher is pretty good. Or so I think, as she had not yet attempted to teach anything to us yet.

After the shortened period, we went to geography class. I am not sure if I had mentioned this before, but my locker is in the Geo Department. The geography teacher also seems pretty good. He apparently has a sense of humour he first told us about, then said no one would understand it and then everybody did. I like that class though. Originally, I had arrived late because of opening my locker for random people who stored their shit in there, and got a pretty crappy seat. Then I switched, and I am now sitting beside Rach and Nalini. Nalini is D=, as she switched seats to sit beside me and Jake because Hubert pissed her off and she wasn't man enough to ask him for money.

After that, we had lunch. Lunch was especially amusing. Instead of following the rule of stressing over my seating placement, I immediately asked people to save a seat for me and went to buy lunch. After staying in the line for a minute or two, I figured the lunch was supposed to be $5. I quit the line, and went to the vending machines. After briefly looking at them, I figured only one accepted bills (the only thing I had was a $20 bill.) I wanted to buy something from that machine, but decided it might eat my munneh and quit. I went back to my table and found out my seat was taken, so I decided to agree when Fandi asked me to come upstairs with her to get her money so she could buy something from the machine. When we came back to the machine after the trip, we found out it doesn't work.

Learn from your mistakes, amirite?

Yeah. I got the free lunch after. Then we had the scavenger hunt. The hunt was fucking useless. I quit after ten minutes and went back to the cafeteria, where people from the "first floor" who for some reason got split with the "second floor" people had their lunch. After that, we explored the library. After reading some motivational "Twilight" excerpts, Dana and I went to French. French was pretty good. Like all the other gifted classes, it is composed of mostly ex-Crosbians. The teacher spent most of the time explaining the evacuation plan, mispronounced my name on the attendance just like all the other teachers and was generally very likeable. =D

Three classes like. Four periods of enjoyment and freedom. And family studies.

I am generally trying not to sound as pessimistic as I did in the previous line. But the teacher scares me. And I think she scares everyone else. I know she scares Jenn and Qian, who are the only people in my class that I know. I knew I would not enjoy the class from the start, seeing that it features cooking and clothes-making. And I think that three classes I will enjoy is a good arrangement, as some people get really crappy schedules and can barely enjoy one. Family Studies might even turn out alright.

But the teacher scares me. O_O At least I don't have it first period like Maddy and Tim.

My public transit screwed me up. First, it came late. Second, I kind of got on the wrong bus. I can generally take two, but the one I took today drops me off slightly further. Although today, it had only Crosbians. xD

Authentic conversation I had with the bus driver:

D: "Anyone need the Go Station?"
Everyone else: "No...?"
Me: "Yes."
Someone: "Why?"
Me: "My building is right next to it."
Driver: "Oh, you don't need the Go Station for that. I'll drop you off at Centre."

Excuse me? The bus route is fucking supposed to go there. I don't want a ten+ minute walk just because you are too fucking lazy to go where you are supposed to. It is a special that I picked out specifically because it goes there.

Dana, I am now taking your bus for sure.

I just realized I skipped the bs assembly. BS assembly was bs. I am getting bored now, so I will finish this. No homework. Count of 2 textbooks, a course package, and two workbooks.

GG premiers in less than a week. Yay GG. =D

Tomorrow, we are fresh meat. D=


No comments:

Post a Comment